May 16, 2018

An Herb Thing

As I told a neighbor, I've got nearly all the houseplants I want (there are a couple on the Wish List), but I needed some kitchen herbs. Guess what? The Mercantile down the street from where I live just got in the first of their summer stock.





By the way, I wasn't sure what the difference was between the 2 basils but I love using Sweet Basil, so... Now I have learned what the difference is, thanks to Home Guides (which I reference a lot):

Source: SF Gate Home Guides
GREAT reference spot!


Making some oil with this Lemon Balm





Have already taken cuttings to propagate this one

I haven't yet gotten the Lavender or Aloe that I want  (and I know Aloe isn't a herb) so those are the items I'm waiting for now.

My favorite herbs so far are the Lemon Balm and the Chocolate Mint. The Choc Mint smells just like a cookie! Also, it's very pretty. Those two herbs are the first I'm using to take clippings from. I even have started trying to leech some of the Lemon Balm into some oil because I hear that it's great for things like preventing and/or healing cold sores.

I'm pretty happy with the green family. My apartment has a very soothing and calming look and feel now. I did this with the Peace Lily and some extra vases the neighbor gave me:

INSERT PIC

She actually gave me 3 of the jars and I have a couple left. I'm trying to decide how to use the others. Maybe I will get some sand in different colors and do something with seashells and beads? Of course,  when I do come up with something, I will put the photos up here on the blog.

Peace
--Free

No comments:

Post a Comment