June 6, 2018

Do Plants Like Music? Depends...

My neighbor came by the other day and told me that my apartment had the true feel of a green oasis. There were all my lovely plants and the sounds of the rainforest. The rainforest sounds were courtesy Amazon Alexa. Of all the skills offered by Alexa, my favorites are the sounds. I use nature sounds for the plants and I use rainfall sounds for myself.

humidifier in right back corner, Amazon Alexa out of sight

Now that I have completed the green family (I finally have an aloe vera, another couple of Pothos, and even some lettuce that was given to me), I'm concentrating on keeping all the plants healthy an happy. Why not? They certainly have improved my mental state.


newest Pothos w/Spider Plant bottom left

I have always heard that music is beneficial to plants, but I never thought about what kinds of music might be best. This is an article talking about that. According to it, my plants like music that I also can enjoy, even if I don't listen to it all the time. Classical music, soothing music seems to be the key.

Lettuce given to me by a farming friend!

I found it so funny what was said about the negative effects of some rock music. I happen to think that a lot of rock music has the same effects on the human brain!

The Silver Pothos with her lovely markings


GreenMyLife has an article about this subject and they included this interesting photo:

Seems about right

(I just added Green My Life to my bookmarks, by the way.)

For the past few weeks, I have alternated playing violin music and different nature sounds for the plants So far, they seem to like it. The music, along with the plants, also alleviates my depression and anxiety.

By the way, when I got this Monstera back at the end of April, I thought it was a wonderful plant. Look at the difference some music and loving care has made:

She's just spreading her wings wide


So, yay for music.

Peace
--Free

No comments:

Post a Comment