March 23, 2018

The New Plants are Blooming and Thriving

I'm always surprised (and disappointed) that not everyone is fascinated with the wonder of nature. Human existence is wondrous enough. When I look at plants and animals, I marvel. We humans can create things from what already exists, but God created us and everything else from what never was. Mindblowing.

 I've been checking on the new plants to see how they are progressing. The Easter Lilies are looking lovely and one of them is trying to bloom.



Made me feel peaceful

 Just a couple a days ago when I brought her home, there was no sign of a bloom






The little grow kit Sunflower is really trying to break out. I was so worried that it wasn't going to do anything, but a couple days after setting it up, I noticed a teeny tiny little... something peeking out of the soil. Every hour since then, she is striving to grow.



I'm excited to see what's coming

Then, as if my plants are trying to encourage Spring to come on and get here, my Peace Lily - which was doing so poorly when it came by mail - has sprouted her second bloom.




I'm really ready for Spring. REALLY ready! Today it was 47 out but the wind made it feel 20 degrees cooler. I have grow lights for the plants but I need some real sunlight.


Peace
--Free

No comments:

Post a Comment